The holiday season is here and to celebrate, the remi team is sharing their favourite festive recipes in our annual ’12 Days of remi Recipes’ blog series. Enjoy!
Ingredients & Directions
2 cups mixed nuts, such as almonds, cashews and pecans
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 small pinch cayenne pepper, to taste
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 sprig of rosemary, de-stemmed and chopped
3 tablespoons of brown sugar
A generous pinch of your favorite salt
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat and add your nuts of choice.
- Stir or pan flip to coat the nuts in melted butter and add the brown sugar.
- Stir the nuts again to make sure they are evenly coated in sugar and leave the pan untouched over the heat until you start to see wisps of white smoke, about one minute. Then stir or pan flip until all of the smoke is gone.
- Place the pan back on the heat and repeat as many times as needed until all of the sugar is
melted and the nuts are a beautiful toasty golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the cinnamon, cayenne pepper, rosemary, and salt.
- Stir the mixture until evenly coated and then spread out on a cookie sheet covered with parchment
paper to cool.
- Once cooled, these nuts can be stored in an airtight container, like a Ziploc bag, in your freezer for months.